Loudoun County Fire and Rescue Station 10
The Lucketts Volunteer Fire Company has a long history of meeting the needs of the Waterford and Village of Lucketts community.
The Lucketts Volunteer Fire Company was established in 1960 with one fire truck and a two-bay firehouse. A few members of the community recognized the need to start a local fire company, and prior to the company’s establishment, a fire truck was purchased and kept at a local farm.
The first piece of apparatus was a 1949 International Pumper and it was kept at the home of one of the firemen just north of Limestone Branch until the firehouse was built. Through the efforts of the firefighters and other volunteers in the Lucketts community a two bay fire station with an upstairs was built. Early fundraisers included dinners; dances & sock hops in the upstairs of the station; household consignment auctions and an annual firemen’s fun festival where there was fun and games for the whole family not to mention the country ham sandwiches and homemade ice cream.
Dispatch called the Chief’s home and his wife called local members by phone to tell them of an emergency. The fire truck was brought to the scene while members were en route.
Today, the original firehouse below has been expanded to provide seven bays to house its apparatus.